Homemade Country-Style Breakfast Sausage
In the post Homegrown Pork Sausage Recipes we shared making two types of Italian sausage from our pigs we raised here on the farm. Since then we have been working on some breakfast sausage recipes and have come up with one we think is really good. It’s a spicy sausage, but if you prefer mild, just omit the cayenne pepper and/or red pepper flakes. Personally, if I were going to leave one out to make it mild, but still like traditional breakfast sausage, I would choose to leave out the cayenne but keep the red pepper flakes.
Country-Style Breakfast Sausage
- 2 lbs Ground Pork with fat
- 2 tsps Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme crushed or ground
- 1 tsp Dried, ground Sage
- 1/4 tsp Dried, crushed Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Grind pork and fat though finest blade.
- Mix all seasoning ingredients first together, then sprinkle over meat and knead until thoroughly blended.